Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Good Morning!


Our fabulous sponsor this week is


Formerly Shirley’s 2 Girls

Deidre Mosher Bio Wildy Whimsical and Seriously 
Sassy Art is definitely a trademark of Deidre Mosher.


                                      I have been in the business of art for over 25+ years. 
Starting out as a fashion illustrator, moving into Art Direction, 
where I did everything from print to TV...and eventually I found 
my way back to illustration. My art is just plain fun and my love
 of color is clearly evident in the designs I create. I'm currently 
licensed with a variety of companies...my designs are used on 
craft products, greeting cards/paper products, kitchenware, 
business products and such.
I am first and foremost an...Illustrator and Designer. 
 I am inspired by seriously sassy & bold colors, but also love 
the 'wow factor' of classic black and white designs. 
I'm crazy for stripes and dots, and they are a repeated theme in my work.
As an Illustrator, I work in many mediums and styles, ranging from the
 line art to pastels...having fun adapting them to the latest project. 
 I am inspired by some my favorite artists ...Matisse's use of bold color, 
Klimt's knowledge of figures and lavish attention to detail, 
and Gauguin's wild approach to his subjects. They are all so 
'awe inspiring'! I'm happiest when I am in my studio and
 starting a new project...making a mess, experimenting...and even throwing paint.
Any day in the studio is a great day!

I usually get an idea when I least expect it...so when the 'light bulb' goes off...
I sketch and sketch and sketch...(hence the reason I buy tracing paper in bulk). 
I always begin with a pencil and paper, and it evolves from there. 
My favorite part of the process?? EVERYTHING...from beginning to end.


Deidre is offering this weeks
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
$10 GIFT CERTIFICATE 

 Today feels like a Monday to me. 
We had a bank Holiday on Monday, 
schools & most places of work were closed. 
My youngest daughters school added in 
a few exceptional closure days too, 
so I've been off work from last Thursday until today,  
I'm a tad confused as to what day of the week it is & 
I've been having a few blonde moments, 
so my card for this week fits perfectly...



I didn't want to make this image completely blonde,
I just left a wee streak of blonde at the front...

I can't wait to see what you create with this weeks sketch.
Be sure to hop over to the SSW Blog. 
The DT girlies have a gorgeous line up of cards to share with you.

Thanks for stopping by :)





12 comments:

  1. Genevieve,
    What a cute card! Love the streak of blond. Fun papers too, and such a sweet little bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean when you have a day off. It always throws me off too. You never know what day it is all week. You card is so cute. I love the streak of blonde in her hair too. I love the lavander and green papers together. some of my favorite colors.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I love it Genevieve! I think we all have days like that!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monday holidays always mess me up! Such a fabulous card Genevieve...made me giggle!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Genevieve,
    This card is so you with the red hair! I just love it! Love the blonde streak to add a little pazzazz! Hopefully we don't have too many blonde moments in our lives but I think we all manage to have a few! Darling card! Love the purple and green!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genevieve, I love how you used red for her hair , Judi is so right about it being so you. You papers and colors are just the sweetest ever. Have a sweet day!!! HUGS Arlana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun and funky and hip! I love the "knots" along the side to match too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This image cracks me up...and your did a great card using it. The purples are so fun and love the streak of blond. Hope you are getting back on track.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Genevieve, I love it....just perfect. I adore your colours and flower embellishments. Love the red hair and blonde streak, I thinks we all have blonde moments in our lives. Great card looks awesome. Take care and have a lovely week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun card Genevieve! I love how you colored her hair - clever - and I adore the colors you used. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
    Hugs,
    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jusat stopping by to say hi and hope you are feeling better. We miss you.
    Take care,
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to stop by and say how much you will be missed. We love you. Take care and hopoe you are back soon.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete